We are hiring a Dental Hygienist for our growing dental practice. You will assist the dentist in various procedures and the operation of x-ray machines. To do well in this role you should have a current State hygiene license, up-to-date vaccinations, and a strong background in periodontal disease.
Dental Hygienist Responsibilities:
- Using dental instruments to clean, accretions, calcareous deposits, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums.
- Looking for indications of oral cancer by feeling lymph nodes under patient chins for signs of tenderness or swelling.
- Noting and reviewing patient medical history.
- Using probes to examine and locate periodontal recessed gums, and other signs of gum disease.
- Recording dental decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentists.
- Maintaining dental equipment and x-ray machines.
- Feeling and visually examining gums for signs of disease, sores, and other dental health issues.
- Sharpening and sterilizing dental instruments.
- Promoting preventative dental care to improve patient oral health care.
- Applying fluorides and other dental decay preventing agents.
- Working with dentists and dental assistants.
- Educating the patient on periodontal disease and home oral health habits.
Dental Hygienist Requirements:
- Associates degree from an accredited Hygiene program.
- State license.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Current on Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Ability to administer local anesthetic agents.
- Able to use an x-ray machine.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Knowledgeable about oral hygiene and dental health.
Our office operates Tuesday - Saturday.
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM: Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Wednesday & Saturday
Note: We would like to have a hygienist commit to every Tues, Thurs, Fri and alternate on every other Wed and Sat. We will not expect you to work every Sat. We are pretty flexible, so please contact us and we can always work with your schedule.
Although we each have specific job descriptions, every single member will always help another team member out. We are a fun group of individuals. This is a judgment-free environment and there is always the support and positivity to ease any new member into our practice and the position.
Lotus Dental Associates
1365 Broadcloth St Suite 204
Fort Mill, SC 29715